Truck Technician Entry-level
Omaha Track Equipment, an established Omaha based company, is seeking Truck Technicians to join our growing organization in the fast-paced heavy equipment industry. Hydraulic experience is a plus! If you are looking to learn new skill sets and grow your career in the Maintenance of Way (MOW) industry, we have just the opportunity for you!
We Care about your Work-Life Balance:
- No Weekends
- Rarely evenings
- Pay based on experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform upfitting of bodies & equipment, including modifications on hi-rail trucks, cranes, and other equipment.
- Have a good mechanical background and be able to demonstrate the associated skills.
- Read and follow installation instructions, plumbing/wiring schematics and component drawings.
- Diagnose and evaluate problems with equipment; make repairs in a timely manner
- Knowledge in DC electrical, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Document work performed and time to complete the tasks.
- Communicate with parts department on needed components.
- Be able to plan ahead and layout out jobs prior to assembly.
- Use power tools and measuring equipment to properly install components and assemblies.
- Keeps shop area and equipment neat and clean.
- Be able to work alone and in teams and have a solid team-oriented mindset.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of safety requirements and follow them.
- Follow MSDS handling and PPE guidelines when using any chemicals, substances and materials.
- Dispose of all waste oils and fluids in designated locations/containers to ensure EPA compliance.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver’s license required; Class A or B CDL is preferred but not required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstration of mechanical abilities
- Must have your own basic tools.
Comprehensive Benefits offered:
- Paid time off
- Affordable Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending reimbursement account- HSA
- Quarterly Bonus Incentive Opportunity
- Company Paid Short-term disability, Long-term disability, and Life Insurance
- 401K with Match
- Paid Uniforms
- Parental leave
- Company match on charitable donations
Click on the link to view our robust benefit package:
We look forward to receiving your application!